first, ... coffee
Good morning! Sometimes it can be challenging to wake up, start our day, and just getting out of bed. So today I want to write about some ideas how we can push ourselves out of the bed and use the precious morning.
My top picks for the morning:
- Drink a cup of water
- Coffe or Tea is also great
- Boost your start into the day with an exercise. What about a simple walk (with the dog)?
- Listen to your favorite music.
- For the brave people: Take a cold shower.
- Use the morning to reflect your daily tasks. What do you want to accomplish today? Don't forget to also plan a little retreat for yourself and some breaks to relax. Organize your tasks realistic and not overwhelming. Your task list should be something you want to look forward to and not a punishment.
- Start a little morning ritual. Is it reading a chapter of your favorite book? Sitting on the porch and enjoy the morning breeze? Breakfast with the entire family? Writing in a diary? Whatever you do enjoy, try to involve this to your daily morning ritual.
- Positivity: I know it will be hard to smile every morning or to have a blast everytime you wake up. That would be very unrealistic. But, try to surround yourself in the morning with some positivity. It helps to maybe not watching the news with devastating information (if something happens you will find out sooner or later. Why ruin your morning before it even really starts?). Hang up a positive quote or picture in your room: On your night table, on the bathroom mirror, wherever you usually are in the morning. A quote that affects positive emotions to you or a fun picture (a photo of family and friends, of your vacation) reminds you of the good things in life and that it is worth it to start your day.
And now: Rise and shine!