AIGA Tucson chapter
A year ago, when I moved to the States I wasn't even aware of AIGA. First time I've heard about it I was amazed. This is the right community for every creative, especially designer! The AIGA chapter of Tucson works in many collaborations with other nonprofit organization. AIGA helped me to connect with other professionals and designers.
You can join the AIGA group with a membership fee as little as 50$ a year. Benefits of a membership are:
- Excellent meetings with other designers and creatives of any field. Connect! Enjoy events especially "designed" for creative folks like us! In a chapter meeting you can support AIGA in creating ideas for the community, future events, and collaborations.
- Workshops and events: Every event and workshop I went to so far were always inspiring and a great resource for me. I do learn every time something new and it thrills me. Also available are online tutorials.
- Selected discounts on several creative services. For example prints on "moo.com". Apple discounts... and so much more.
- Job and internship listings: designjobs.aiga.org
- You get discounts on AIGA events and workshops.
- You join a community of creatives and your work will be featured in their network. You even get a member profile on aiga.org
- More benefits here: http://www.aiga.org/benefits
Here's a link to join as a member: http://www.aiga.org/join
The AIGA AZ Tucson chapter works also together with the Adobe User Group in Tucson. I was able to attend awesome workshops and events of both groups in Tucson:
- Premiere Pro workshop with a certified Premiere Pro instructor (Adobe User Group)
- Portfolio reviews (AIGA)
- A letterpress event with Amos Kennedy (AIGA)
- Volunteer at an Adobe Creative Cloud event (Adobe User Group)
- I won a free year subscription of Pluralsight in a raffle of the Adobe User group (which is worth 300$!)
- For volunteering at an Adobe event, I received a free 1-year subscription of the Creative Cloud from the Adobe User group
- Many awesome meetings with AIGA, where we create events and workshop opportunities for our community.
- Tucson Makers event from AIGA. Where you get inspired by other creatives and learn about their stories. (https://arizona.aiga.org/event/tucson-makers-food-design/ )
- Fun events like Cocktails with Creatives.
I do enjoy every event and it helped me to connect in Tucson and get to know more Creatives.