Bookstores in Tucson
It is time to fill up your book shelf! Monsoon season hit Tucson and what's a better way to spend a rainy evening than with some books? When I moved to Tucson last year, I could just bring a few of my beloved books with me. After a year I already collected a decent amount of literature.
But where to buy books? What places do I prefer? Here is my top list of places to check out, when you're seeking a good book to read:
- The Pima County Public Library. That's correct! You don't need to buy books. You can just go to the library and borrow one. They have a great website, where you can browse their online catalog and borrow books online through your e reader. It's easy, it's a great resource platform. I am a big fan of the Tucson library in general. All staff is very kind. They offer free workshops and classes for children and adults (I will write about that in a future post).
- The library also has its own book store which is worth to check out! Every once in a while I go to this store and I always find great books for a very cheap price. This book store is run by the Pima Friends. An organization which takes book donations and supports the library. They do also have big book sales throughout the year. Last time I went to one of their book sales I found 15 books and spend like 8$. I found really good gems and their storage is huge! Worth to check it out!
- I am a fan of Bookmans! Well, I am a fan in general of the idea to recycle. In Germany, I always bought tons of books at flea markets. You find interesting books which you won't usually find anymore at book stores and you can purchase them for less money. And someone who doesn't want the book anymore is getting rid of it by making someone happy to be able to buy it for less. I love spending time at Bookmans. I just love to go through their store shelfs and discover books, find good deals or just sit in one of their comfy chairs and read through an interesting book. There's literally never a time I leave this store without a book. And they do also sell magazines.
- Mostly books, an independent bookstore located on Speedway. This store is literally mostly about books! You find there awesome books (used and new) and it is fun to just discover. I found at this place some great books with recipes, DIY books, and they have awesome events where you can meet your favorite author. I even believe to saw in the past few weeks that a couple got married in their store.
- Antigone books: "A zany, independent (and 100% solar-powered)" bookstore, located on 4th avenue. I fell in love with this store the exactly first week I ever was in Tucson. Their book selection is very well considered. They offer a variety of high curated books that are great as a gift for a friend or just for yourself. They do have a wide range of children's books with awesome illustrations from well-known artists (I love the illustrations of children's books).
Where do you usually find books to buy in Tucson? Let me know! I would like to hear your favorite places! I think this weekend it will be time to check out some local book stores and find some great deals to fill up my book shelf.