Diy door sign
Let's do a cute chalk plate door sign, which you can use all year long and if you're getting bored of the design, you can just wipe away the chalk lettering and create something new! It is easy to make, fun to use and it's changeable.
- First of all you need a plain and flat wooden plate. I do like the ones with the bark still on it. You can find these for example at Target.
- Prepare your wooden plate. Attach a frame hanger on the back and paint your plate with a foam brush (a foam brush provides the best solution for a flat painted surface) in black chalk paint.
- Try to leave an edge (1 inch) inside the plate, so you still keep the appearance of the rustic wood.
- Let the paint dry and add another coat of paint. Repeat this 4 to 5 times. Then leave the paint to dry for 12 hours before using it as a chalkboard.
- Finally: Get your chalk and create something nice on your door sign. A simple welcome, or a special greeting for an upcoming holiday or event? Your family name? It's up to you to create a nice design for your chalk drawing. Have fun!